Leaky Gut Syndrome and Irritable Bowel: What Causes Gut Problems?
Best Leaky Gut Syndrome Doctors in Atlanta
Gastrointestinal problems like Leaky Gut Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome( IBS) and Crohn’s Disease can greatly affect your health. Leaky gut syndrome may be an underlying cause for many medical conditions, including irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Celiac’s Disease and Crohn’s Disease. The causes of leaky gut, irritable bowel and other inflammatory bowel conditions are unknown but may be due to lifestyle habit like poor diet, food sensitivities, hormones like cortisol and alcohol intake.
Symptoms of Leaky Gut and IBS may include:
- brain fog
- difficulty concentrating
- skin disorders
- inflammatory diseases like lupus
Testing for Leaky Gut Syndrome in Atlanta
Food intolerance can be traced to inflammatory bowel disorders. It is important to get food allergy testing to identify foods that might be causing inflammation in your gut. Stool testing can identify bad flora and other organisms that might be causing IBS symptoms. A biopsy can help identify the damage done to your intestinal tract but won’t identify the cause. Genetic markers for IBS and Celiac’s disease are also helpful. Testing for liver disease and diabetes is also important. Saliva hormone testing identifies cortisol imbalances that can lead to gut problems. Also, let for inflammatory markers like C-reactive protein which is usually elevated in individual with GI problems. Autoimmune disease markers may also be elevated.
How to Heal a Leaky Gut
- Get tested for food allergies and avoid foods with moderate to severe sensitivity
- Avoid inflammatory foods like dairy, eggs, gluten, and wheat
- Avoid processed and fast foods
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Eat foods high in fiber
- Consume foods or supplements high in glutamine like GreenMed which is rich in glutamine which s necessary to heal microvilli and decrease permeability.
- Eat green leafy vegetables
- Take Enzyme Restore digestive enzymes which help break down food particles
- Take Flora Repair probiotics to help restore gut flora
- Eat less meat
- Avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Reduce stress
- Avoid unnecessary use of antibioticsS