Best Brain Health Treatments in Atlanta
Brain health is important to women and men of all ages. Common conditions associated with poor brain health include depression, anxiety disorders, sleep disorders, eating disorders, addiction, ADHD, learning disorders, age-related cognitive impairment, and dementia. In many cases, by improving brain health these brain conditions can improve greatly and resolve with time.
Metabolic dementia is a growing problem in older persons in the United States. This dementia is caused by a change in the body’s metabolism. Metabolic dementia is oftentimes misdiagnosed and treated as Alzheimer’s Dementia. It can be reversed by treating the underlying problem, unlike Alzheimer’s Disease.
Common conditions that can lead to metabolic dementia are:
- Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism
- Hypo or Hyper Adrenal Gland Dysfunction
- Nutritional Deficiencies
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Liver Disease
- Prescription and OTC drugs
The Taylor Medical Group offers a wide array of in-office, non-invasive testing to identify modifiable or reversible causes of brain dysfunction. Most of our testing is covered by insurance companies. Testing to identify factors that can cause brain dysfunction include the following:
1) Environmental Blood and Urine Testing: identify common environmental toxins.
2) Sleep Study: to identify sleep disorders.
3) CNS Neurocognitive Testing: a timed computerized test that is completed in the office and scored for cognitive function.
4) Peripheral Nervous System Screening: a non-invasive painless screening testing that identifies brain-associated autonomic nervous system dysfunction.
5) Saliva and Blood Hormone Testing: for hormone imbalances i.e. cortisol, thyroid, testosterone, DHEA, estrogen, and progesterone which affect brain function.
6) Endothelial Dysfunction Screening ( Digital Pulse Analysis, EndoPat, and CIMT): are painless, non-invasive screening tests to evaluate brain blood vessel function.
7) Blood allergy testing: to identify allergens, which may cause brain inflammation and brain disorders.
8) Nutritional and Metabolic Testing: to identify brain nutritional deficiencies and metabolic disorders.
Call 678-443-4000 today!
Symptoms of Brain Dysfunction:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Poor memory or recall
- Decreased attention span
- Difficulty staying on task
- Difficulty multitasking
- Difficulty learning new information
- Failure to follow through with the task
- Mood Swings
- Impaired judgment
- Poor impulse control
- Foggy thinking
- Food cravings
- Social withdrawal
- Losing or misplacing objects
Brain Health Treatment Options:
We provide a variety of treatment options based on your clinical history and test results. Some of our treatments include oral and IV nutritional therapy, amino acid therapy, detoxification therapy, bio-identical hormone replacement, and allergy treatments to name a few. Our goal is to restore and preserve brain health by using a natural approach, which can be used alone or with prescription medications if needed. In many cases, prescription medications are unnecessary if the underlying cause of brain dysfunction is identified and treated.*
*Results may vary
Book your brain health IV cocktail today. No consult is necessary.
Call 678-443-4000 today!
Conditions to be considered that may affect brain health include:
- Food Allergies i.e. gluten, dairy, eggs
- Prescription Drugs
- Environmental Toxins
- Amino and Fatty Acid Deficiencies
- Caffeine Intake
- High Sugar Intake
- Adrenal Dysfunction
- Hyper or Hypothyroidism:
- Seizure Disorder
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Metabolic Disorders i.e. diabetes
- Genetic Defects i.e. Turner’s syndrome, sickle-cell anemia, and Fragile X syndrome.
- Sleep Disorders
- Iron Deficiencies
- Vitamin B Deficiencies
- Cardiac Conditions
- GI Dysfunction i.e. leaky gut and dysbiosis
- Parasites and Candida
- Over the Counter Drugs
Most standard blood tests performed by doctors don’t identify these problems. Fortunately, they can be identified with appropriate testing, which in many cases are covered by insurance companies.
Common brain conditions that we screen for include attention and hyperactivity disorders, learning disorders, age-related cognitive impairment, poor concentration, dementia, mood and anxiety disorders, insomnia, food, cigarette and alcohol cravings, impulse control disorders, bipolar disorder, and many other brain-related deficiencies.
Call 678-443-4000 today!
Adult Brain Health
As we age some brain functions decline due to the loss of neurons in the brain, also known as neurodegeneration, can occur. Fortunately, there are strategies that can protect our cognitive function (neuroprotection) from the decline seen in dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Diet, nutrition, exercise, social interaction, and cognitive activities seem to play a neuroprotective role in adult brain health. Research has suggested that combining good nutrition with mental, social, and physical activities may have a greater benefit in maintaining or improving brain health than any single activity. About half of Alzheimer’s disease cases can be diminished by addressing potentially modifiable risk factors. Modifiable risk factors include environmental toxins, food additives and preservatives, obesity, nutritional deficiencies, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, inflammation, hormone imbalances, lipid abnormalities, elevated homocysteine, and endothelial (blood vessel) dysfunction. Lower brain neurotransmitters, primarily acetylcholine, appear to play a role in the decline of cognitive function. Low serotonin levels, which are seen with aging, can also play a role in impaired cognitive function.
About Our Services
Wellness and Weight Loss
Iron IV Therapy
Glutathione IV Therapy
NAD IV Therapy
ED Shockwave and P Shot Treatment
Testosterone Hormone Replacement
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
FemiWave and O Shot Vaginal Rejuvenation
Food Allergy Testing